Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride with breathtaking views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. On this 45-minute Banff sleigh ride you can cozy up under a warm blanket as you are taken through the Bow River Valley.
Glide along snowy trails and experience a traditional horse-drawn sleigh ride. Relax and take in the breathtaking views and crisp winter air. The circuit is at the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, so you will get great views of Banff’s surrounding mountains including Sulphur Mountain and Mount Norquay. If you are lucky you may even spot some local wildlife including elk or deer. Your sleigh ride includes a fireside warmup stop after the ride.
To create a truly romantic experience, the Private Sleigh Ride for 2 is taken in a small 2 seater cutter sleigh (a true one-horse open sleigh) and includes a fireside stop with sparking wine, chocolates and an authentic buffalo robe.
Sleigh Ride Highlights:
- A scenic horse-drawn sleigh ride in Banff National Park with family or friends.
- Enjoy views of snow-covered meadows, valleys and the Canadian Rockies.
- Warm up by the fire after the ride and toast a marshmallow with a warm drink back at the stables.
- Private Sleigh Ride for 2 includes chocolates,sparkling wine and an authentic buffalo robe to snuggle under.
Duration: approximately 45 minutes including time by the campfire.
Season: December - March
Need to know:
- Your sleigh will be either a 12 or 18 seater.
- There are no age restrictions for the public sleigh ride tour and children under 3 are free. However, children under 3 are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them. Any minors under 18 years who are not accompanied by an adult must present a pre-signed waiver to go on the tour.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any children under the age of 18.
- Children (under 18 years) and babies are not permitted on the private sleigh ride.
- There is a maximum of two people on a private sleigh ride.
- What to wear: Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm boots. The sleigh is “open top” and you are outside in the cold for 45 minutes so be sure to have multiple layers and a thick winter jacket.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Transport is not provided with this tour, guests must make their own way to the stables, however the location of the sleigh rides is conveniently located close to downtown Banff.
- Food and drink is not provided on the sleigh ride, however you can warm up by the fire after the ride and toast a marshmallow with a warm drink back at the stables (weather permitting).
- Don't forget your camera.
As you take-in the magnificence of Banff for yourself, you will soon discover why these are some of the most treasured views in the country! So, whether you are looking for fun things to do in Banff or for a unique gift, this sleigh ride is the ticket!
The experience takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience