Banff and Lake Louise Fall Colours Tour
The fall is an incredible time for sightseeing and viewing wildlife in Banff National Park. During the 5-hour guided Banff and Lake Louise Fall Colours Tour you’ll get to see a few of Banff’s highlights as well as spend an hour at Lake Louise for short walks and exploring on your own.
A majestic place.
This tour provides you with the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beauty and grandeur of Banff and Lake Louise at a colourful time of year. As foliage color changes and the first hints of winter begin to appear, there is tremendous activity within the local elk population because of their rutting season.
As the tour moves from Banff to Lake Louise and back your guide will to point out local wildlife and explain what its like living in a national park with animals that, sometimes, are literally on your doorstep.
- A stop at Bow Falls where water crashes over ancient limestone creating a spectacle of sight and sound.
- Visit the famous Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, the Castle of the Rockies and the railway’s contribution to the building of Canada.
- Bow Valley Parkway – great for wild life viewing, relaxing and enjoying the scenery along the scenic highway to Lake Louise.
- Lake Louise – the jewel of the Canadian Rockies and home to the famous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
Duration: 5 hours
Season: October - November
- Friendly, certified guide.
- Hands-on interpretive tools.
- Light snack and refreshment.
- Pick up and drop-off at most Banff hotels.
Need to know:
- All of the viewpoints are a short walk, including the easy, flat shoreline trail at Lake Louise. At each stop you will have the opportunity to get off the bus and stretch your legs.
- This tour is suitable for all ages.
- There is a chance of seeing wildlife on the tour and animals are often spotted, however we cannot guarantee seeing wildlife on the tour.
- Remember to bring your camera!
Whether you are looking for a unique gift idea or fun things to do in Banff in fall, this tour is the ticket.
The Banff and Lake Louise Fall Colours Tour takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience