Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Walking Tour, Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia
Minimum age for participation - 14 years
Discover Vancouver’s most impressive Art Deco buildings and finest chocolatiers on a 3-hour guided walking tour. Unlock the history of some of Vancouver’s most remarkable buildings and visit two legendary Vancouver chocolatiers who serve up delicious locally-made hand-crafted chocolate.
Explore Vancouver’s past, architecture, and amazing chocolate!
Whether you’re a newcomer to the city or a local, you will discover something new on this Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Walking Tour of Vancouver. Listen to your expert local guide share the remarkable story of each place you visit, including tales of scandal, bootlegging, and murder. As a further feast for the senses, this tour includes two stops at award-winning local chocolatiers for liberal tastings, the perfect complement to your adventure into Vancouver’s early twentieth century history!
Your tour starts with meeting your entertaining guide at the Vogue Theatre, a streamlined beauty built on rum-running money. You’ll walk along Granville Street to the fabulous Commodore Ballroom, inspired by ancient middle eastern temples, to the Power Block, rich in the colours of ancient Egyptian artistry.
Next up, hear tales of murder and fame at the Vancouver Art Gallery, marvel at a truly gigantic pendulum, and solve the mystery of the three Hotels Vancouver. Then its off to the long lost Georgia Medical & Dental Building before your final stop at the incredible Marine Building, where you’ll enjoy a private viewing of the beautiful lobby.
As you discover the beauty of Vancouver’s Art Deco architecture, you'll indulge in delicious chocolate from two award-winning Vancouver chocolatiers. You’ll enjoy your very own bar of Mink Chocolate's Mermaid's Choice, the chocolate bar that won Gold at the 2014 International Chocolate Salon in San Francisco.
- Discover how war, technology, immigration, social upheaval, fashion, and archeology combined to create the Art Deco movement.
- Enjoy the Mermaid’s Choice chocolate bar at Mink Chocolate.
- Step back in time to the roaring twenties and see Vancouver’s earliest skyscrapers.
- Taste the creations of a chef Gordon Ramsey called “one of the finest pastry chefs in the world”.
- Professional local tour guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Chocolate samples
When: March – November Thursdays and Saturdays 10:00am
Need to know:
- Suitable for ages 14+.
- In the summer please bring a sweater or jacket. It can get chilly in the evenings. In the spring or fall please bring a hat and glove.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tours happen rain or shine. We recommend you bring an umbrella.
- The maximum number of participants on this tour is 20 people.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Vancouver or a unique experience gift, this Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Walking Tour is a must-do for both chocolate fans and history buffs alike!
The unique walking tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience