2-Day Thompson River Fantasy Island Getaway
Lytton, British Columbia
Prepare to be immersed in British Columbia’s great outdoors on this 2-day adventure. Set up overnight camp on 5-acre Fantasy Island located in the middle of the Thompson River, enjoy a gourmet barbeque and an evening around the campfire. The next morning you’re rafting down the Thompson River combining fantastic scenery with roaring waves.
This spectacular 2-day adventure covers 80 km (49.7 mi) on the Thompson River from Ashcroft to Lytton.
From Ashcroft to the private camp on "Fantasy Island", the Thompson River boasts awe-inspiring scenery including the grandeur of Black Canyon's sheer lava walls. The river’s upper stretches provide playful rapids for those who wish to try one of the inflatable kayaks; always a highlight of the trip.
You will spend the night on Fantasy Island, a unique 5-acre island in the middle of the river. Here there is time to relax and set up camp while your guides prepare a delicious gourmet barbecue, including special appetizers, and fresh baked desserts. Following dinner, you’ll spend an entertaining evening around the campfire under the starlit sky.
The next morning, you will float through the small town of Spences Bridge, home to herds of Big Horn sheep. The rafts are unloaded before lunch and your gear is transported back to the Lytton base, making the rafts light and maneuverable to challenge the river's largest rapids. You’ll run all the famous rapids, including Devil’s Kitchen, the Frog and the 18th Hole, finally arriving in Lytton.
The 2-Day Thompson River Fantasy Island Getaway will awaken all of your senses with roaring waves, fantastic scenery, and scrumptious meals, all combined with the open air of British Columbia's great outdoors!
- Spend the night camping on beautiful Fantasy Island in the middle of the Thompson River.
- Enjoy a scrumptious BBQ prepared by your guides and an entertaining evening around the campfire
- Enjoy spectacular views of Black Canyon.
- Float through the small town of Spences Bridge.
- Stay tuned! 2019 dates coming soon.
*This experience has only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
- Professional certified river guide
- Meals – 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, and one BBQ dinner
- Rafting gear – helmet life, jacket, wetsuit, splash jacket
- National Park fees (5%)
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Need to Know:
- Departure is from Lytton rafting base and return to original departure point.
- Camping gear not included. You are required to bring your own camping equipment and necessities.
- 2-person tent and sleeping bags available for rent at an additional cost at time of trip reservation with experience provider.
- Guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 10 years and 85 lbs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
So, if you are looking for a perfect gift for the adventure seeker in your life, or you’re just wanting to spend an exciting couple of days connecting to nature, this 2-Day Thompson River Fantasy Island Getaway is sure to provide memories that will last a lifetime.
This white water rafting and camping experience takes place at Lytton, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience