Calgary’s 17th Avenue SW Food Tour
Float seamlessly through a progressive lunch with six stops along 17th Ave. SW, arguably the coolest part of Calgary. During this 3-hour walking food tour, your guide will escort you through the trendy culinary scene of Calgary’s RED mile with behind the scenes special access and standing reservations at the coolest places.
Discover tasty treasures on a leisurely five block walk through a fascinating part of Calgary.
The fun begins when you meet your friendly and knowledgeable guide at CIBO restaurant. Here you’ll meet the chef, tour the restaurant, and learn about the years that went into perfecting their toppings and pizza crust … and of course, the visit wouldn’t be complete without plentiful sampling of their wares. The next stop Vine Arts, a retreat from the street where you'll discover the liquid gems that lie within and taste a truly local Alberta drink. The tour continues to Ollia for fine French macarons and tea before you switch back to savoury goodies at a truly hidden gem – Frenchie! You’ll delve into Korean-Canadian fusion delights prepared by chef Roy Oh at Anju Restaurant and enjoy exclusive access to the hottest new spot on the Red Mile - Calcutta Cricket Club. This tasty tour will finish on a sweet note at Royale Brasserie.
All these tasty stops are on a leisurely five block walk through a fascinating part of Calgary with a cool hip vibe. Your guide will entertain you with great stories about the street culture, architecture, art, and surprising historical charm of this trend-forward pedestrian beat.
- Six tasty, fun stops on a three hour progressive lunch.
- Behind the scenes access to the busiest places for locals to hang out at in the city.
- Meet the owners and chefs of the establishments that make this area thrive.
- Led by a local culinary expert.
- Great for locals & tourists alike.
- All preselected food & drink at six venues.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: April - September 2018 Saturdays & Sundays 12:00pm
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour, limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, celiac, allergy). The tour provider will do their best to accomodate your needs.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour: 13 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- This is a five block walk one way down the RED mile (Retail and Entertainment District) of Calgary.
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Calgary, for a unique gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Calgary is the ticket!
The 17th Avenue SW Food Tour takes place at Calgary, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience