Downtown Edmonton Food Tour
PLEASE SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR DETAILS
Minimum age for participation - 18 years
Immerse yourself in the history and flavours of Alberta’s capital city on the Downtown Edmonton Food Tour. During this culinary adventure discover, sip and savor some of the best that downtown Edmonton has to offer!
Discover the delicious flavors of downtown Edmonton on this three hour food tasting tour.
You’ll meet your tour guide at one of Edmonton's finest hidden gems for a palate awakening. From here you will enjoy a leisurely walk along Jasper Avenue, with a little side trip to the ICE district, savouring and imbibing a mix of sweet and savoury tastings at some of the city’s premier dining establishments.
"Knife and fork" food and beverage pairings will please your palate while your your guide entertains you with stories of the culture, art, and history of this bustling city and former fur trading post.
Summer 2020 – with this tour on “COVID hold" until September, you can explore Edmonton’s tasty spots with our Private Guided Food Tour
- The Marc
French inspiration meets Alberta's finest ingredients.
Comfort food classics cooked up by Brayden Kozak.
- Kitchen by Brad
You'll visit Chef Brad Smoliak's culinary lab to see what's cooking and taste something extraordinary with a Ukrainian flare.
- Baijiu Bar
Enter the historic Mercer Building and find yourself in a happening Hong Kong bar with scintillating dishes and drinks to match.
- Jacek Chocolate
Cocoanista Jacqueline Jacek designs a new line of chocolates each season. You'll get to taste the latest in fashionable chocolate at her downtown atelier.
- Confederation Lounge at The Fairmont MacDonald
Alberta's signature bison and craft beers tasting with a beautiful river valley view and elegant service to cap off the tour.
- Tzin Wine and Tapas
Exquisite bevvies and small bites from seasoned restauranteurs.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant taxes and gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: July - August Thursdays, & Fridays 3:30pm
Need to know:
- *Tour stops are subject to change. The tour usually visits 6 venues. If the itinerary changes and only 5 venues are visited, an additional tasting of equal value will be included.
- All food tastings will be paired with hand-crafted non–alcohol beverages and spirit-free cocktails.
- Small group tour, limited to 12 people
- Please advise of dietary restrictions or food allergies when you reserve your tour time. Gluten free and vegetarian options options are available on request.
- Minimum age for the tour is 18 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance: 12 blocks and ends a short distance from the start.
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Edmonton, for a unique experience gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Edmonton is the ticket!
The Downtown Edmonton Food Tour takes place at Edmonton, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience