Discover the fun of a dog sledding and snowshoeing adventure with an overnight stay and play experience in the Pontiac. Only a short drive from Ottawa and Gatineau, experience first-hand the excitement of mushing and snowshoeing through magnificent winter trails.
Experience the beauty and adventure of winter!
Escape the flurry of day to day life and head with a winter adventure 90 minutes east of Ottawa & Gatineau at Otter Lake, Qc. Relax and enjoy beautiful scenery on acres upon acres of beautiful snow!
Upon arrival you will meet with the friendly and professional staff. You’ll be set up to head out for some shoeshoeing fun. Following your dinner, you will get to help feed the sled dogs their dinner. You’ll end the night with a soak in an indoor hot tub.
After a comfy night and breakfast in the morning you'll head out for a half day dog sledding experience.This dog sledding experience is perfect for anyone who wishes to try driving a dog sleigh. The ride takes about an hour and half but with set up and instruction the whole experience will take approximately 3 to 4 hours. The package includes instructions how to drive a dog sleigh, the harnessing of dogs and a 15 km ride.
- 2:00 pm Snowshoeing
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm Help feed the dogs
- 8:00 pm Indoor Hot Tub
- Overnight stay at LaVallée de Rosiers
- 7:00 am Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am Half day dogsledding (15km, people can drive the sled)
When: January to March (weather / conditions permitting)
Where: Otter Lake, Quebec 75 minutes from Ottawa
Your experience includes:
- 15 km including getting to try driving the sleigh
- A visit to the kennel to feed the sled dogs
- Rental of snowshoes
- You have the choice of 3 beautiful trails:
- Trail #1- easy – 1.9km
- Trail # 2- intermediate – 2.5 km
- Trail # 3 – expert – 4.5 km
- Snacks and hot beverages
- Private hot tub relaxation
- Dinner and a continental breakfast
- 1 room overnight at the La Vallée des Rosiers ( situated next door to Escapade Eskimo)
- Your room at La Vallée des Rosiers includes:
- Two beds (one queen and one double)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area/Kitchen
- Free WiFi
- Each room includes a flat-screen TV, coffee machine, hair dryer, kettle
- Private bathroom.
- There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared kitchen and a gift shop at the property.
- Max Occupancy: 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children
Need to know:
- A minimum purchase of 2 adults is required.
- Child age: 12 and under.
- Please be dressed and ready to go in warm winter gear (ski suits etc.), especially foot and head gear.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do this winter in Ottawa and Gatineau or for a unique experience gift, this Dog Sledding and Snowshoeing Stay and Play package is the way to go and makes a great outdoor adventure for the whole family!
The Dog Sledding and Snowshoeing Stay and Play Adventure experience takes place at Otter Lake, Quebec. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience