Cochrane 'Cowboy Trail' Brewery & Spirits Tour
Get ready for a tasty full-day tour of craft breweries and distilleries that starts in Calgary and Cochrane and follows the Cowboy Trail to Black Diamond and Turner Valley!
|Where:||Cochrane, Alberta, Calgary, Alberta|
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 18 years|
Cochrane 'Cowboy Trail' Brewery & Spirits Tour - Private Tour
Minimum of 18 people required for the Private Tour
Cochrane 'Cowboy Trail' Brewery & Spirits Tour - Public Tour
Price show is per person. Coming Soon.
A journey from Calgary and Cochrane to some of the best craft breweries and distilleries!
Your tour begins with your guide picking you up in a comfortable mini coach at a pre-designated pick-up point in the Calgary or Cochrane area. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and have some laughs as you are entertained by your fun guide.
The first stop is at Half Hitch Brewing Company in Cochrane where you will enjoy a private VIP experience along with a guided flight of their handcrafted beers and a tasty lunch.
Following lunch, the tour continues to Cochrane’s Whispering Dutchman Distilleryfor a tour of their facility and samples of their unique award-winning Vodkas and Gins handcrafted from local ingredients.
The next stop on the tour is to Eau Claire Distillery in Turner Valley, one of the gateways to Kananaskis. Eau Claire Distillery uses best in-class ingredients and artisanal distilling methods to create their whiskies, vodkas, and gins. You’ll enjoy a guided tasting experience of their spirits and a craft cocktail during the entertaining and funny Prohibition Experience, where you will travel back in time to the days of Prohibition when the Moral Reform League declared war against the scourge of alcohol.
Next, a very short drive to the neighbouring town of Black Diamond, named after the coal, once mined near the original town site. You’ll have some free time to explore the town of Black Diamond, its galleries and boutique stores. You will then visit Hard Knox Brewery and, on a behind-the-scenes tour, learn all about their brewing process followed by sampling their beers, cider, and cocktails.
After a full day of craft beer and spirits exploration the mini-bus heads back Cochrane and Calgary to your drop-off point.
- Round trip transportation on a comfortable mini coach.
- VIP Half Hitch Experience, Meal and Flight of Beer (4 x 4oz) at Cochrane’s Half Hitch Brewing Company.
- Tour and tasting at Cochrane’s Whispering Dutchman Distillery.
- Prohibition Experience show, spirits tasting, cocktail, and commemorative glass at Eau Claire Distillery in Turner Valley.
- Behind-the-scenes tour and a flight of craft beer (4 x 4 oz) at Hard Knox Brewery in Black Diamond.
- Entertaining guide (Stand-up comic or Drag Queen)
When: Available year-round with select tour dates monthly.
Duration: 9:45am - 7:30pm approximatley
Need to know:
- Participants must be 18 years or older, provide Government issued ID and sign a waiver.
- Consuming of tastings, samples, or drinking is not required to attend the tour.
- Please bring your valid Government Issued photo ID.
- Please wear comfortable clothes with closed-toe shoes. Closed toed shoes are mandatory for some of the behind-the-scenes tours at the breweries or distilleries. No flip-flops or sandals.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. The tour provider will do their best to accommodate most dietary restrictions for any included meals. Typically, beer is not gluten-free. Some of the tour stops do from time to time offer gluten-free options, however, we cannot guarantee their availability.
- This is an adult only tour as many of the behind-the-scenes brewery and distillery tours and some of the tasting locations do not allow children/minors on site.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Calgary or a unique experience gift, the Cochrane Cowboy Trail Brewery and Spirits Tour is the ticket!
How To Book Your Experience