Turn Cochrane, Alberta into a game while partaking in a fun, scavenger hunt style clue solving adventure. With your smartphone as your guide, you and your friends will discover hidden gems and new pathways as you work together to solve puzzles and uncover a trail of clues leading you around Cochrane.
It’s your adventure, your way!
A game? A tour? YOU decide!
Your Cochrane Clue Solving Adventure blends the fun of a scavenger hunt, the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and the excitement of racing against the clock.
Guided by your smart phone, family and friends can join you in uncovering hot spots and testing your knowledge.
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll find a hidden work or solve a puzzle. Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great dining and shopping.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race against the clock or enjoy the experience at a leisurely pace as you tour Cochrane is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free App and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve another puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential.
- As soon as you submit the correct answer and you’ll get the next clue. Don’t worry, directions and hints are available but do cost you a time penalty!
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Your exciting Cochrane Clue Solving Adventure: The 'Reel' Cochrane
A renowned movie scout is looking for films hidden around Cochrane. Follow the trail and solve the clues before a rival scout gets them!
- Start location: Downtown Cochrane
- Start time: Monday - Saturday between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm. Sunday between 11:30 am and 3:00 pm.
- Walking distance: approximately 2km mostly outdoors.
- Average time to complete: 60 - 90 minutes plus optional breaks.
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: This adventure is excellent for children and families
Need to know:
- You are not required to buy anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for dining and shopping if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks.
If you're looking for something fun to do in Cochrane and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who craves a little bit of adventure in their lives, try this fantastic Clue Solving Adventure!
How To Book Your Experience