Canmore Food Tour
PLEASE SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR DETAILS
Explore the exciting food scene in Canmore on this 3-hour food and walking tour. You’ll taste the town's best food, learn about it's art, history and outdoor pursuits as you stroll along this food tasting journey.
Discover tasty treasures on a leisurely walking food tour through beautiful Canmore.
Canmore, the gateway to the Canadian Rockies is a community bursting with food, art and a love of the great outdoors. The Canmore Food Tour brings together all these elements.
With access to the food businesses of local heroes, chefs, wine experts, charcuteries, artists gardeners, street vendors, cafe owners and chocolate makers, the Canmore Food Tour takes you off the beaten track in this busy mountain resort. You may arrive a stranger, but you’ll leave feeling like a local.
Summer 2020 – with this tour on “COVID hold" until September, you can explore some of the tastiest place to eat in Banff and Camore with our Private Guided Food Tour
- 3-hour walking tour visiting Canmore’s top eateries.
- Led by a local culinary expert.
- With standing reservations you'll breeze by line-ups and visit way more places on this tour than you ever would on your own.
- Carter Ryan Gallery
Carter Ryan Gallery features the work of Aboriginal Artist Jason Carter, one of Canada's most prolific soapstone carvers and painters. The tour meets here and and you'll learn about whose land you are standing on.
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co.
Since 2003, Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co. has been dedicated to sourcing as many organic, local ingredients as possible.
- Canmore Wine Merchants
Canmore Wine Merchants are dedicated to making their incredible wines attainable for all.
- JACEK Chocolate
Fashion designer turned chocolate maker, Jacqueline Jacek calls herself a cocoanista. She launches a new line of fashion chocolates for every season.
- Murietta's Mountain Grill and Bar
Adventurous, refreshing and inviting – their diverse and satisfying menu offers a perfect reflection of the incredible and breathtaking vistas from every table.
- Communitea Café
Owner Marnie Dansereau created Communitea Café as a venue dedicated to bringing people together to enjoy healthy food, tea, live music, art and culture.
- Alpine Edible Garden
Definitely off the eaten track, You'll be fascinated by their story
- Toniq Food and Drink
Owner Gillian Sheperd discovered a new found passion and health benefits of raw, plant-based food.
- All preselected food & drink at seven venues.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: May to October Saturdays 11:00am
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour. Limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time and gluten free or vegetarian options may be available on request.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour is 14 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance is 2 kms
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Canmore, for a unique experience gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Canmore is the ticket!
The food tour takes place at Canmore Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience