Enjoy the stunning scenery and watch for Banff’s famous wildlife on the 3-hour Banff and Its Wildlife guided tour. Build a connection to this World Heritage Site as you visit Banff's landmarks and historic places.
The Discover Banff & Its Wildlife tour is a great introduction to the park. Uncover the secrets of a historic mountain haven with a local guide leading the way as you gaze at stunning views and visit Banff's key landmarks,
Often, you are able to view wildlife on the tour, however, as the animals are wild these sightings cannot be guaranteed. Most commonly seen are white tail deer, mule deer, elk, and big horn sheep.
Your guide will take you to the main highlights around town whilst providing fascinating commentary on the history of Banff National Park and stories about the wildlife.
Your time on the tour will be spent enjoying the sights, taking photos, and participating in short walks to view points on the many stops of the tour. You’ll see and learn about wildlife behaviour, habitat, and their winter survival adaptations. You’ll hear how the 11,000-year-old human history of the Bow Valley changed when three railway workers rediscovered the Cave & Basin, now a National Historic Site.
Summer tour highlights:
Bow Falls: Water crashes over ancient limestone creating a spectacle of sound and sight.
Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel: The Castle of the Rockies is the railway's contribution to the building of Canada.
Bankhead: An abandonded mining town and relic of Banff's industrial past
Surprise Corner: A higher view of Bow Falls and the majestic Banff Springs Hotel.
Hoodoos Lookout: What is a hoodoo? Understand the lay of the land.
Lake Minnewanka: An underwater village, native history, and a pleasant refreshment break.
Winter tour highlights:
- Bow Falls: Water crashes over ancient limestone creating a spectacle of sound and sight.
- Banff Springs Hotel: The Castle of the Rockies is the railway's contribution to the building of Canada.
- Surprise Corner: A higher view of Bow Falls and the majestic Banff Springs Hotel.
- Hoodoos Lookout: What is a hoodoo? Understand the lay of the land.
- Lake Minnewanka: An underwater village, native history, and a pleasant refreshment break.
- Friendly, certified guide
- Hands-on interpretive tools
- Use of binoculars
- Refreshment and a light snack
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Small group size
Need to know:
- Remember to dress warm.
- Don't forget your camera!
Whether you are looking for a unique gift idea or fun things to do in Banff, this tour is the ticket.
The Banff and Its Wildlifetakes place at Banff Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience