Kananaskis River White Water Rafting
Enjoy an exciting trip down the Kananaskis River. This Banff white water rafting tour is ideal for families and first timers. Conveniently located a short drive from Calgary, it’s a thrilling and family fun outdoor adventure.
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||OPEN - PLEASE SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR DETAILS|
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 5 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
A Banff white water adventure the entire family can enjoy!
Winding through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country, the Kananaskis River is one heck of a ride – the foamy white rapids lift your raft skyward,as you shake the water from your eyes and paddle with all your might.
Plotting a course through the best rapids and cruising swiftly down the flat stretches in between, you’ll have peaceful moments to look up and admire the Kananaskis Country scenery. Along the way, keep you eyes peeled for wildlife and the serene outdoor beauty of the Kananaskis River, that flows from the Rockies into Banff’s Bow River.
This river offers the novice rafter a thrilling and fun introduction to white water rafting. Your river-savvy guide ensures the safety of the excursion. This Banffraftingexperience is suitable for the entire family.
Your experience starts with your professional river guide going over safety instructions and paddle techniques…and then you're off. This white water rafting trip is rated Class 2 & 3. That means the rapids will be exciting and at the same time fun and family friendly. Along the way, there will be time to playing the rapids and opportunites to swim alongside the raft.
Duration: 4 hours with 1.5 to 2 hours on the water.
Season: May - September
Meeting location: Nakoda Lakeside Lodge, 25 minutes from Canmore and 45 minutes from Calgary and Banff. VIEW MAP
- Professional river guide on each raft.
- Light snack & refreshment.
- Wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rain jacket, wetsuit booties and gloves.
- Safety instruction and practice paddle.
- 1.5 – 2 hrs of river time.
- Complimentary photos (online).
Need to know:
- Maximum number of rafters per raft is 10.
- No experience is necessary.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
- Every guest needs to sign a waiver form. Any guest under 18 years will also need a parent or guardian signature on the waiver form and an emergency contact number if the Parent/ Guardian is not joining them on the river.
- Minimum weight: 40lbs
- Maximum weight: 350 lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses – are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Trips run rain or shine.
- What to bring: swimsuit, towel, bag, toque/beanie/wholly hat on colder days, a change of clothes including a fleece, and sunscreen.
Whether you are looking for a new way to enjoy Alberta’s great outdoors with the family, or for a unique experience gift, White Water Rafting Banff's Kananaskis River will create unforgettable memories!
The white water rafting tripstakes place at Canmore, Alberta.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience