Step into the world of a fighter pilot and experience the thrill of soaring across the sky in an L29 Delphin Fighter Jet from the cold war era over Ottawa and the Parliament Buildings.
This Fighter Jet introductory flight is the ultimate bucket list experience!
Get ready for the ultimate adrenaline rush as you dart about the sky and experience firsthand the skills required to control a lightning fast Cold War era fighter jet!
Each flight is tailored specifically for you. It can be as mild or as wild as you want! If you feel the need for speed, hang on. If you wish to have a nice, quiet flight, that is certainly fine as well. You will always be in communication with your pilot.
Your L-29 Fighter Jet Flight experience starts with a pre-flight briefing. A season instructor will teach you about pre-flighting the jet, balance and weight, calculating the flight profile, and finally, a briefing on safety systems.
Now the real fun begins! The adrenaline-pumping sound of the jet engine starting, a quick taxi to the runway and then lift off - your flight is underway! Imagine the thrill as your heart skips a beat as you race down the runway and soar into the wild blue yonder. You'll be flying at speeds of up to 520km/hr and altitudes of up to 10,000ft.
During your flight you will be able to perform turns, straight and level flight. You’ll feel the “g”, that is induced during high speed maneuvers. If you are up for it, you can even do some aerobatics. Your flight is tailored to you, and how you feel.
After your flight, you can take as many pictures as you’d like. You’ll have a quick debrief with your pilot about the flight and be awarded your flight certificate.
- Take the controls of a real L29 Delfin fighter jet.
- Experience aerobatic manoeuvres and G force.
- Wear a full flight suit complete with G suit, mae west, helmet, oxygen mask and parachute.
- Pre-flight briefing from seasoned flight instructors.
- An incredible flight in an L-29 Delfin.
- A post flight brief with limited-edition Flight Patch, a "Flying Challenge Coin” and certificate presentation.
When: Available year-round (subject to availability)
Need to know:
- The entire experience including briefing will take approximately 2 – 2.5 hours.
- The maximum height limit is 6' 3" and the passenger weight limit is 250 lbs. This limitation is not negotiable due to the limiting size of the parachutes, seat straps and cockpit dimensions.
- No pilot license required.
- If you have a history of medical conditions, recent or current, like heart complications a doctor’s note is required in order to clear you for the flight. This would have to be provided before the flight took place.
- Passenger must attend and pass a ground briefing on the L29 Delfin that includes emergency egress training and verbal testing. If you have not had this briefing, you will not be able to fly.
- Passenger will be required to sign a flight waiver in order to release the aircraft for flight.
- Pilots have the right to refuse any flight due to safety concerns.
- Enclosed shoes are required. High heels are not permitted.
- It is recommended that you arrive 30 to 45 minutes before your scheduled flight time.
- It is recommended that you wear conservative comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather conditions on the day. You will be offered a flight suit to wear during your flight experience.
- The experience provider can refuse a flight participant for what they deem to be safety reasons. In this situation, a flight may be re-scheduled.
Your Fighter Jet Flight takes place in Ottawa, Ontario VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience