Vancouver Railtown Food Tour
Vancouver, British Columbia
Railtown is quickly becoming a top destination in the city for trendy small restaurants. Enjoy a stellar lunch on the Vancouver Railtown Food Tour as you taste and learn about the once thriving Japanese community that built this neighbourhood in the early 1900’s.
The tour starts in historic “Japantown” at the H.A.V.E Café, once the Shibuya clothing company, now a culinary training school that provides food service job training to individuals who experience barriers to employment. Here you’ll sample their famous tomato soup and grilled cheese, comfort food at its best!
Next is one of the newest additions to the neighbourhood, the Uncommon Cafe, for some mind-blowing meatballs (recently voted best in the city by The Daily Hive) and a fresh local salad. After the Uncommon Café, the tours heads to the Settlement Building, an old converted steel warehouse. Here you’ll sample some local British Columbia wines and beer from the new Postmark Brewing and the only urban winery in Canada. Then you’ll head to the popular Railtown Cafe for a unique salad and soup combo. To finish, the you' stop at the beautiful Cadeaux Bakery for something sweet.
- Over 10+ food & beverage samples from 5 different stops including 2 wine samples and a local beer sample.
- Guided exploration of historic Little Japantown.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Meet the owners and chefs of the establishments that make this area thrive.
- Sample local food in historic settings such as an old steel factory and a historic Japanese gambling house.
When: November to April: Thursdays and Fridays 1:30pm – 3:30pm
May to October: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Meeting place: H.A.V.E Café (374 Powell Street)
Need to Know:
- Price includes: all food and beverage tastings and expert tour guide.
- This tour is suitable for all ages however there is an optional alcohol sample. The legal drinking age in British Columbia is 19 years of age. You may be required to present your government issued ID to participate in alcohol tastings.
- This tour has a vegetarian option that can be requested when you reserve your tour time. Please note that the tour can not accommodate for the following allergies: gluten, dairy, or severe peanut.
- Capacity: maximum 12 guests, minimum 4. Guests will be notified 24 hours in advance if minimum not met.
- Walking distance: less than 1.6 km. Total walking time is approximately 20 minutes.
- Tour runs regardless of weather.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or a fun afternoon adventure of discovering the best places to eat in Vancouver, the Vancouver Railtown Food Tour is the ticket!
The Vancouver Railtown Food Tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience