Vancouver Food Tour of Gastown
Vancouver, British Columbia
Discover the mouth-watering flavors of some of the best places to eat in Gastown and become immersed in an exciting cultural Vancouver food tour unlike any other. Experience the savory tastes, sounds, and sights of Gastown’s many superb eateries, pubs, and shops.
Explore Vancouver’s Oldest Neighborhood!
The excitement of this experience gift begins when you meet your knowledgeable, friendly and funny epicurean guide. They will escort you and the rest of the group walking tour through the cobbled stone streets of Vancouver’s oldest neighborhood while you dine on some of the best food in Vancouver.
On this 2.5-hour walking food tour, a professional actor loaded with passion for Vancouver and its food will share fascinating little-known stories about the city and its “Wild West” history that dates back 150 years. This is a Vancouver food tour you don’t want to miss!
What you will be tasting:
- Homemade Italian tortellini
- Beer-battered fish with hand cut fries
- Carolina-style BBQ
- Local craft beer
- Delightfully-stuffed Asian Fusion Bao with a refreshing alcoholic drink
- Pure maple syrup treats
- Creamy cheesecake
- Organic soft ice cream
- Luscious hand-made chocolates
Does this tour have anything to offer local Vancouverites? Definitely! Many of the tour attendees live right in Vancouver. Locals often attend to learn about the history and the new restaurants & out of the way eateries that they didn’t know about.
- 9 stops for culinary treats as you navigate Vancouver’s trendiest and oldest neighbourhood.
- All food and beverage tastings
- Professional tour guide
Duration: 2.5 hours
When: Thursday to Sunday 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Meeting location: Starbucks (Inside Waterfront Station, 601 West Cordova St.)
Need to know:
- Tour size: up to 16 persons. A minimum of four guests is required for a tour to commence.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Minimum drinking age is 19 years.
- The tour is at a very casual pace and runs for 5 to 6 city blocks (and you can sit down at a few venues).
- Please note that tastings on the tour may include products containing gluten, dairy, seafood, eggs, nuts, and other allergens. Vegetarian and gluten-free options can be offered on this tour.
- Tours are held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather of the day of your tour and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Once a ticket has been reserved, you cannot reschedule your tour date. Your space has been reserved and guaranteed for you for that tour.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs or strollers due to the many narrow sidewalks, uneven cobblestone streets and certain staircases that are used when entering food partner establishments.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts to meet the other guests and to get an overview of the tour before it starts.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or a fun afternoon of Vancouver sightseeing and discovering great places to eat in Vancouver, this food tour is the ticket!
This Gastown Food Tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience