Tandem Skydiving, Toronto.
Enjoy the unrivalled thrill of freefalling towards the ground from 13,500 feet up in the air with this adrenaline-pumping Toronto tandem skydiving experience.
Skydiving is an experience like no other.
A Tandem jump is a quick and simple way to experience the whole range of thrills available in skydiving - including a long freefall and canopy ride - while riding with a highly experienced instructor.
The training for a tandem jump is not long since there is not a lot that you, as a tandem passenger, have to do. The half-hour briefing is all you will need to learn everything you need to know.
After the briefing, you and your tandem instructor put on your equipment. The two of you will share a parachute system, with your harnesses securely connected together. Then it's off to the plane...
The ride to your jump altitude takes approximately 12 minutes. You'll have lots of time to appreciate the amazing view as your adrenaline level slowly builds: the patchwork quilt of farmland around you, the blue of Lake Simcoe, and in the other direction the skyline of Toronto. Then it's time to go...
You and your instructor dive out of the plane into freefall - there's nothing holding you up but the air rushing by. You can feel the pressure of the wind as your speed builds to about 200 km/h. You have lots of time - about a full minute - to experience the sensation of riding the wind, watching the ground approach ever so slowly closer.
Your instructor activates your parachute and you feel a firm tug from above. A few seconds later the two of you are riding under your beautiful open canopy. The flight back down takes around five minutes so you have plenty of time to look around and enjoy the gorgeous scenery, have fun with the canopy, and talk with your instructor. At the end of your ride your instructor expertly brings the canopy in for a gentle landing.
Need to Know:
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Maximum weight 250 pounds
- Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Footwear should be casual fit, roomy, and athletic with ample ankle support (no boots, sandals, or speed-lace hooks permitted).
- Remove all jewelry, no watches, bracelets, necklaces and nothing in your pockets.
- Feel free to bring friends along to watch and pass the time with while you are waiting to jump.
- Plan on at three to four-hour stay
- Alcohol and drug consumption is prohibited on the site and, of course, before the practice of skydiving.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver form.