Enjoy the ultimate free-soaring experience!
Tandem Hang Gliding allows you to experience the freedom of flight by the side of a certified professional. Surrounded by 30,000 empty acres, the view is breathtakingly beautiful. We can see Lake Ontario immediately and then Lake Scugog and sometimes even Lake Simcoe. It’s a dream come true…it’s awesome!
The glider is launched from a flat field on wheels - no running required. You and your pilot will be towed up with a hydraulic winch to about 1300 feet where the tow line is released and you are both free to soar about the open sky. When it is time to land your instructor will bring you both in for a gentle landing on the wheels
High Perspective Inc. has been providing bliss for over 40 years... Free your body and soul -- come fly!
Wing-mounted photos are included with flights.
Need to Know:
- High Perspective Inc. Tandem Instructors are professionals who have demonstrated the highest standard of flying ability and decision-making skills in order to get their internationally recognized Ratings. They have extensive experience and thousands of incident-free flights.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver prior to flight.
- The weight range for Tandem Discovery Flights is 60 to 240 pounds. There is no age limit but minors need their parents or guardians to sign the liability waiver.
- Spectators are welcome to watch you take off and land
- High Perspective Inc. guarantees a minimum altitude of 1,000 feet above ground. Usually we get closer to 1500 ft. The entire lesson lasts about half an hour. The time in the air can be anywhere from 5-20 minutes (There is no guarantee regarding the length of your actual flight. Factors such as wind strength, direction and thermals, as well as total weight of participants, etc. can affect the length of your flight from take-off to landing.)
- On the day of the flights, please call before leaving to confirm the weather and that the flight is still going ahead as planned. If you get an answering machine, please leave word you're coming (or not).
- Wear warm clothes as it's cooler up in the air. Glasses or sunglasses are recommended.
- Weather permitting, flights are available 7 days a week from April until November (and occasionally in the winter).