St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto Food Tour
Explore St. Lawrence Market, Old Toronto and all their culinary delights on this fantastic 3-hour food tour. With an expert to guide you to 12 different vendors for the St. Lawrence Market’s tastiest treats, you’ll discover the best hidden gastronomic delights this vibrant Toronto market has to offer.
Discover the history and tasty secrets.
Your guide will take you through the market to 12 different vendors for 14 delicacies, including Jewish bagels, Portuguese treats, Ukrainian perogies, local cheeses, Indian candy, and the peameal bacon sandwich — enjoyed by chef-celebrities such as Anthony Bourdain, Guy Fieri and Emeril Lagasse.
Your St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto food tour begins with your knowledgeable and friendly guide giving you a brief history of the market and Old Toronto, where 200 years ago, aboriginals traded goods from war canoes and fished for salmon behind where the market stands today. You’ll learn about Toronto’s abolitionist movement, the Clown Riots, the underground whiskey tunnel during prohibition and about how one of the richest, most powerful and most famous women in the world learned her business acumen selling carrots in the market's basement.
When you arrive at the St. Lawrence market, your guide will be waiting for you with freshly baked croissants. Then it is off to get coffee at an indy coffee shop before heading out for a stroll through old town Toronto. Your guide will give you a brief history lesson of Toronto pointing out places of interest and historical facts along the way. Once you return to the market the eating begins and your guide will give you the back story as well the history of the dishes as the group weaves it way through the market tasting 14 delicacies from 12 different vendors.
This Toronto food tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- 3-hour walking tour around Old Toronto and the St. Lawrence Market
- Visit 12 vendors in the market and taste 14 treats
- Led by a local culinary professional
- Tour National Geographic’s “Best Food Market in the World”
- Visit one of Toronto’s oldest neighbourhoods and taste where Toronto began
- Taste the iconic “Peameal Bacon Sandwich”, “Indian Candy”, Canadian game meat and local Ontario cheeses
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group walking tour with local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
When: Tuesdays & Fridays: 10am and 2pm, Saturdays: 11am
Meeting location: 93 Front Street East between Market St. & Jarvis St. Just inside the main doors to the market near the elevator.
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a local looking for fun things to do in Toronto, the St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto Food Tour is definitely a unique, fun dining experience and a great adventure gift.
The St. Lawrence Market and Old Toronto Food Tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience