From high in the sky to high in the saddle, experience the splendor of the Rocky Mountains from 2 adventurous perspectives. Soar over the spectacular mountains by helicopter followed by a horseback ride through remote and unspoiled mountain wilderness.
With flights departures from the Icefields Base (Lake Louise & Jasper), the Rocky Mountain Helicopter Flight and Horseback Riding Tour gives you a complete Rocky Mountain adventure.
Enjoy a 20 minute helicopter tour that is full of natural beauty, glaciers and waterfall. You’ll soar over the spectacular Cline Pass and fly by the Cline, Lion & Lioness glaciers. You’ll get to view an beautiful 900 waterfall flowing form two aqua green lakes.
Once you’ve landed you take a short trip to Mackenzie Trails West. Mackenzie Trails West is located near the mouth of the Cline River where it flows into beautiful Lake Abraham. Get ready for a trail ride on horseback through some of the most unspoiled and remote mountain wilderness. With a picnic lunch and souvenir photo, this will be an experience you will never forget!
Duration: 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours
- 20 minute helicopter tour
- 1 hour horseback ride
- Lunch including beverages
Need to know:
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum weight: 250 pounds per passenger
- The closest emergency facility is an hour from our heliport. If you are on medication or inhalers, please make sure you bring extra medication in case of delays. If you have severe allergies, please make sure you have an epi pen and that members of your party know how to use.
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions at the venue’s discretion.
The helicopter tour's Icefields Adventure Base is located near the Columbia Icefields . (25 minutes east of the Icefields Parkway) VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience