Rocky Mountain Craft Beer Tour
Minimum age for participation - 18 years
For the lovers of craft beer, the Rocky Mountain Craft Beer Tour will take you west of Calgary along the rolling foothills of the Bow Valley Cowboy Trail to the heart of the majestic Rocky Mountains for a day of touring breweries.
Your craft beer tasting adventure begins when you meet your guide at the base of the Calgary Tower. From here, you’ll be whisked away to Half Hitch Brewing Company in Cochrane, 18 km west of Calgary. What started as an idea between siblings at Sunday dinner has evolved into a one of a kind monitor barn brewery that embodies a rustic, western charm.
As the journey continues, the landscape quickly transforms from the gentle rolling slopes of the foothills to the impressive, awe-inspiring strength of the mountains. Your views will be completely immersed by the Rockies as you arrive at Grizzly Paw Brewing Company. After samples of their beer and soda the tour continues over to the Grizzly Paw Pub for brunch from a selected à-la-carte menu.
After filling your bellies there is a quick five-minute ride to the next stop – the Canmore Brewing Company. Originally from eastern Canada these folks enjoy the outdoors which they respect and love. This passion is apparent in every beer they craft.
The next stop on the Rocky Mountain Craft Beer Tour is Banff Ave. Brewing Company located right in the heart of Banff on trendy Banff Avenue. A true Alberta success story with four locations scattered across the province, every location praises their beer as fresh, honest, modern, and innovative. Enjoy some stories and beer with your guide who believes there is an occasion for every brew.
Your last stop will be at Bottlescrew Bill’s Pub , only a two-minute walk from the Calgary Tower. Established in the early eighties they were the first pub in Calgary to allow local craft beer on tap. Now with over 300 beers on their menu local, national and international alike they are the ultimate ambassador for the craft beer industry. Here you can enjoy some appetizers and two more pints.
- Guided tour and tastings at Half Hitch Brewing Company, Grizzly Paw Brewery and Restaurant, Canmore Brewing Company, Banff Ave. Brewing and Bottlescrew Bill’s Pub.
- Brunch and beer tastings from a selected a la carte menu at Grizzly Paw Restaurant.
- Souvenir bag stocked with goodies including a snack and bottled water.
- Collectable beer labels.
- A complimentary item at Grizzly Paw Brewery.
- Merchandise discounts at all breweries.
- Transportation provided by a driver/guide from downtown Calgary
When: Year-round Saturdays 9:00am - 5:30am
Need to know:
- Vehicle Type: Tours will regularly take place using a 24 passenger Mini Coach.
- Minimum age of participant is 18 years.
- Pickup location is at the Calgary Tower (101 9 Ave SW).
The Rocky Mountain Craft Beer Tour makes the perfect unique gift for every level of beer connoisseur and it's a great way to explore beautiful Banff, Canmore and Calgary.
This experience takes place in Calgary, Banff and Canmore, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience