Rocky Mountain Backcountry Heli-Hiking
Lake Louise, Alberta
Discover the wilderness and adventure of the Rocky Mountains with a Backcountry Heli-Hiking experience. For those who are looking for an adventurous hiking experience, this heli-hiking exploration in the Columbia Icefields is like nothing you have ever experienced before.
Imagine the epic views as you soar over the Rocky Mountain peaks, getting a bird’s eye view of glaciers, lakes, rivers, and waterfalls from a perspective the few are lucky enough to experience. Only a short distance from the Columbia Icefields, you will be flown from the helicopter base to a backcountry setting in the heart of the Rockies with your guide.
You’ll land in the middle of the wild backcountry that would normally take an 8-hour hike to get to. From there the adventure is yours.
With your pack strapped on, you’ll hike through the untouched, raw beauty of the Rockies and experience the mountains far from any other tourists or distractions. You’ll find yourself alone with mother-nature, on an adventure that is both exhilarating and challenging. Your guide will navigate you through the trail. You’ll experience views of forests, mountains and glaciers that you don’t see on your average day hike.
Duration: 3 to 8 hours
Need to know:
- Suitable for all ages
- Minimum of 2 passengers per booking.
- Maximum capacity per flight: 4 passengers
- Maximum weight: 250 pounds per passenger
- The closest emergency facility is an hour from our heliport. If you are on medication or inhalers, please make sure you bring extra medication in case of delays. If you have severe allergies, please make sure you have an epi pen and that members of your party know how to use..
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions at the venue’s discretion.
The helicopter tour's Icefields Adventure Base is located near the Columbia Icefields (25 minutes east of the Icefields Parkway). VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience