Marble Canyon Snowshoeing Tour, Banff
Minimum age for participation - 8 years
Escape into the serene beauty of a natural winter playground with an easy afternoon introductory snowshoeing tour in Marble Canyon.
Follow the winter trails in Kootenay National Park and admire the dramatic colours of Marble Canyon. You’ll see how the pounding and frozen waters of Tokumn Creek have eroded a 40-meter deep limestone gorge. Your guide will lead you through the forest left standing from the 2003 Kootenay fire and search for snowshoe hare, lynx and wolf tracks while exploring how the landscape is changing and animals are adapting.
Marble Canyon is in Kootenay National Park, BC, approximately 45 minutes from Banff.
An easy afternoon introductory tour to snowshoeing in Kootenay National Park. This tour is suitable for beginners and those of all fitness and ability levels.
Snowshoeing Tour highlights:
- Marble Canyon, a 40m deep gorge, forged by Tokumn Creek.
- Kootenay Fire: See the destruction caused by the wildfire that threatened Banff in 2003 and how the animals and landscape are adapting.
- Authentic Trapping Tools: See some of the snares and traps once used by the fur traders. Try your hand at snaring a guide!
- The Hudson's Bay Point Blanket Jacket: See the jacket that was used as a trade item between natives and one of the largest trading companies of its time.
- Maple taffy: a unique Canadian treat, hot maple taffy, made in the snow by your guide.
Duration: 4 hours
Walking distance:3.5 km
Season: Late November to mid April
- Certified guide
- Hiking poles
- Hiking Poles
- Hot Chocolate and a maple taffy snack
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Need to know:
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- Guests should dress in skiwear for this trip including hats, mitts and warm boots. We strongly recommend waterproof shoes and pants, as you will likely be walking in deep snow.
- Winter boots can be provided if requested at the time of booking.
- Pick up and drop off can be made from most hotels in Banff.
- Small group size.
- Don't forget your camera!
Whether you are looking for a unique gift idea or fun Banff winter activities, the Marble Canyon Snowshoeing Tour is the ticket.
The Marble Canyon Snowshoeing Tour takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience