Kensington Village Food Tour, Calgary
Treat yourself to a night out exploring the tastes of Calgary’s urban village on the Kensington Village Food Tour. Discover great places to eat in Calgary.
Canapes, cheeses, pizza, salad, tea, beer, wines, spirits, cupcakes and sweet treats - need we say more.
Float past the line-ups and taste the best this cozy neighbourhood has to offer with visits to 6 places along this 3-block tour. No matter what the weather, every business is only a few steps away. Along the way your guide will share the charming history and architecture of the area with you.
The culinary adventure begins at 5:30 at Pulcinella Restaurant to enjoy their authentic appetizers, Neopolitan pizza and sumptuous Italian beverages. Then it’s on to nibbling on drool-worthy appetizers, checking out haute cuisine, cheese pairings, beers and top it all off with a buttercream cupcake.
- Pulcinella Ristorante
Owned by the Tudda family since 1974, son Dominic was the 1st chef in Canada to be and to maintain the strict certification of true Neapolitan pizza.
- The Naked Leaf
This definitely qualifies as a hidden gem and thought we won't drink tea tonight, we'll pop by to pick up your take home gift of tea for tomorrow!
- Crave Cupcakes
Once you've tasted the homemade goodness of these, every other cupcake gets measured on "the Crave meter".
- Kensington Riverside Inn and Oxbow Restaurant
Calgary's only Relais et Chateaux property. Here you'll enjoy three elegant bites prepared by chef Sean Cutler.
- Peasant Cheese Shop and Kensington Wine Market
Cheese pairings are different with each visit and are the pairings from the Wine Market. Ever try scotch whisky and cheese? Prepare to be dazzled.
- Brasserie Kensington
Dessert and beer? Absolutely! Especially when it's house made desserts and local craft beer made by classically trained chefs like owner Cameron Dobranski.
- All preselected food & drink at six venues.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities.Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: February - November Thursdays 5:30pm
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, celiac, allergy). The tour provider will do their best to accomodate your needs.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour: 13 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance is 2 blocks
- Guests under 18 years of age will receive non-alcohol beverages.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Calgary or for a unique gift, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Calgary is the ticket!
The Kensington Village Food Tour takes place at Calgary, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience