Kananaskis River White Water Rafting
Enjoy an exciting half day white water rafting adventure on the Kananaskis River. This rafting trip, ideal for families and first timers, is conveniently located only 45 minutes west of Calgary in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains and offers a thrilling and fun introduction to white water rafting.
Ride the rapids.
Winding through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country, the Kananaskis River is one heck of a ride – the foamy white rapids lift your raft skyward, you shake the water from your eyes and paddle with all your might as the river surges around you. Plotting a course through the best rapids and cruising swiftly down the flat stretches in between, you’ll have peaceful moments to look up and admire the Kananaskis Country scenery. Along the way, you’ll enjoy local wildlife sightings and the serene outdoor beauty of the Kananaskis River, that flows from the Rockies into Banff’s Bow River.
This river offers the novice rafter a thrilling and fun introduction to white water rafting. Your river-savvy guide ensures the safety of the excursion. This voyage is suitable for the entire family.
Your experience starts with your professional river guide going over safety instructions and paddle techniques…and then your off. This white water rafting trip is rated Class 2 & 3. That means the rapids will be exciting and at the same time fun and family friendly.
Duration: 4 hours with 1.5 to 2 hours on the water.
Season: May 12, 2017 – September 17, 2017
Meeting location: Nakoda Lakeside Lodge
- Professional river guide on each raft.
- Light snack & refreshment.
- Wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rain jacket, wetsuit booties and gloves.
- Safety instruction and practice paddle.
- 1.5 – 2 hrs of river time.
- Complimentary photos (online).
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Minimum weight: 40lbs, Maximum weight: 350 lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses – are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Trips run rain or shine.
- What to bring: swimsuit, towel, bag, toque/beanie/wholly hat on colder days, a change of clothes including a fleece, and sunscreen.
So whether you are looking for a new way to enjoy Alberta’s great outdoors, or for a unique gift, this Kananaskis River White Water Rafting experience is the ticket!
The white water rafting trips takes place at Canmore, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience