Discover the fun of a dog sledding and snow shoeing adventure during this overnight stay and play package. Experience first-hand the excitement of mushing through fresh Pontiac powder during this hands-on Dog Sledding and Snow Shoeing Stay and Play adventure.
Experience the beauty and adventure of winter!
Escape the flurry of day to day life and head to magnificent trails in the scenic Pontiac. Escapade Eskimo offers visitors a memorable winter experience with dog sledding and snow shoeing 90 minutes east of Ottawa & Gatineau at Otter Lake, Qc. Here you will relax, enjoy beautiful scenery and acres upon acres of beautiful snow!
Upon arrival you will meet with the friendly and professional staff at Escapade Eskimo where you’ll be set up to head out for some shoe shoeing fun.
Following your dinner, you will get to help feed the sled dogs their dinner. End the night with a soak in an indoor hot tub. After a comfy night and breakfast in the morning your off for a half day dog sledding experience.
This dog sledding experience is a perfect activity for everyone who wishes to try driving a dog sleigh. The ride takes about an hour and half but with set up and instruction the whole experience will take approximately 3 to 4 hours. The package includes instructions how to drive a dog sleigh, the harnessing of dogs and a 15 km ride.
- 2:00 pm Snowshoeing
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm Help feed the dogs
- 8:00 pm Indoor Hot Tub
- Overnight stay at LaVallée de Rosiers
- 7:00 am Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am half day dogsledding (15km, people can drive the sled)
Season: December to April, 7 days a week
Your experience includes:
- 15 km including getting to try driving the sleigh
- A visit to the kennel to feed the sled dogs
- Includes the rental of snowshoes
- You have the choice of 3 beautiful trails:
- Trail #1- easy – 1.9km
- Trail # 2- intermediate – 2.5 km
- Trail # 3 – expert – 4.5 km
- Snacks and hot beverages
- Private hot tub relaxation
- Dinner and a continental breakfast
- 1 room overnight at the La Vallée des Rosiers ( situated next door to Escapade Eskimo)
- Your room at La Vallée des Rosiers includes:
- Two beds (one queen and one double)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area/Kitchen
- Free WiFi
- Each room includes a flat-screen TV, coffee machine, hair dryer, kettle
- Private bathroom.
- There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared kitchen and a gift shop at the property.
- Max Occupancy: 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children
Located only 75 minutes from Ottawa!
With beautiful views and wildlife spotting you’ll have plenty of photo taking opportunities throughout the tour, so don't forget your camera!
Whether you are looking for fun things to do this winter in Ottawa and Gatineau or for a unique gift, this Dog Sledding and Snow Shoeing Stay and Play package is the best ticket in town and makes a great outdoor adventure for the whole family!
The Dog Sledding and Snow Shoeing Stay and Play Adventure experience takes place at Otter Lake, Quebec. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience