Discover tasty treasures on a leisurely walking food tour through beautiful Canmore.
Canmore, the gateway to the Canadian Rockies is a community bursting with food, art and a love of the great outdoors. The Canmore Food Tour incorporates all these elements.
Your tour starts at Paintbox Lodge, Canmore’s chic boutique hotel in the heart of downtown for baked goods and sparkling fresh drinks. Your knowledgeable, entertaining guide will share stories of local heroes, poets, athletes and artists before you head for a cozy fireside lunch of flatbreads. You’ll visit a local wine merchant, taste bison and beef, enjoy sweet treats, artisanal chocolate, food truck delights and perfectly paired beverages.
- 3-hour walking tour visiting Canmore’s top eateries.
- Led by a local culinary expert.
- Enjoy flatbreads topped with organic local produce.
- Taste Alberta beef prepared in a way you might not imagine.
- Paintbox Lodge
Chic and cozy, this boutique hotel is also the site of Canmore's only cooking school.
- Communitea Cafe
Owner Marnie Dansereau created Communitea as a venue dedicated to bringing people together to enjoy tea, healthy food, live music, art and culture.
- Rocky Mountain Flatbreads Co. (RMF)
Since 2003, RMF has been dedicated to sourcing as many local and organic ingredients as possible.
- Canmore Wine Merchants
Canmore Wine Merchants are dedicated to making their extraordinary wines attainable for all.
- Mountain Mercato
Here's a great place to stock up for a picnic, start the day with superb coffee, grab a sandwich or shop for gourmet ingredients. It's a food lover's paradise.
- PD3 by Blake Canmore
Street tacos in a completely refurbished and totally elegant double-decker bus.
- An Edible Life
Owner Carole Beaton's food inspires us to live more healthfully.
- Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
Ede Rodrigues is a Brazilian native who fell in love with an Albertan and then brought his family's Brazilian cowboy (gaucho) ways to barbecuing our fabulous Alberta Beef.
- Jacek Chocolate
Fashion designer turned chocolate maker, Jacqueline Jacek calls herself a cocoanista. She launches a new line of fashion chocolates for every season.
- All preselected food & drink at seven venues.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: May to October Saturdays 11:00am
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour. Limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Vegetarian and Gluten free options may be available on request.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour: 14 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance: 2 kms
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Canmore, for a unique gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Canmore is the ticket!
The walking food tour takes place at Canmore Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience