Feel the first-hand excitement of mushing the Canadian wilderness on a 2 hour dog sledding adventure in the Rockies just outside of Canmore, near Banff. Winter is a magical time and there is no better way to see the snow covered beauty than by dog sled tour.
Unleash The Musher Tour
Feel the unparalleled thrill of a dog sledding adventure in the Canadian Rockies as teams of 5 to 7 friendly Alaskan, Seppala, Siberian, & Huskies take you through Spray Valley Provincial Park on an exhilarating tour along the Spray River.
Experience a dog sledding adventure you will never forget!
Your 2 hour dog sled tour includes the option to help harness the dogs, hook up the team, and best of all drive the team…of course with the help of friendly and experienced guides.
With wildlife spotting and beautiful mountain views you’ll have plenty of photo taking opportunities throughout the tour, so don't forget your camera
Your dog sledding adventure package includes:
- Return transportation from all major hotels in Banff and Canmore
- Snacks and hot beverage
- Personalized service with one guide per sled for the customer service, security and safety both guests and dogs deserve.
This experience is based a minimum of 2 adults per sled. 3 regular size adults can go in one sled. An additional sled may be preferred if there are larger or taller people or the trail conditions are challenging. Families of 4 can be in one sled, provided the adults are average size and one child is under the age of 6 and the other under the age of 10.
- From Banff including travel time: 4 hours
- From Canmore including travel time: 3 hours
Season for dog sled tours: Tours are 4 times a day December through April
Need to know:
- Minimum 2 adults per sled
- Maximum of 3 adults per sled, or 2 adults + 1 youth (age 6-9) + 1 child (age 2-5) per sled .
- When you book as 2 adults, a third person will not be added or split couples up into different sleds.
- Those paying the singles rate are guaranteed one person per sled.
- Tours are snow and weather permitting
- No weight restrictions. As each sled is guided, there is no need to run up hills.
- Please be dressed and ready to go in warm winter gear (ski suits etc.), especially foot and head gear. Street shoes or running shoes are not permitted.
- Howling Dog Tours reserves the right turn away improperly dressed participants
- No children under 2 years old. Children (2-5) must have a car seat to travel to tour site.
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver before departure; anyone under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Calgary, Banff or Canmore or for a unique gift, this dog sledding experience is the best ticket in town and makes a great outdoor adventure for the whole family.)
This experience takes place at Spray Valley Provincial Park, just outside of Canmore, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience