Calgary’s Designer District Food and Art Tour
Calgary’s Designer District Food and Art Tour is a feast for all the senses and an opportunity to enjoy the art, architecture and history of Calgary's most chic district while satisfying the palette of your eye and the palate of your taste buds.
Blend your love of food and art with artful tastings at the city's culinary hub. Singles, couples, art teachers and students, and designers from all over the world have loved this tour.
The culinary adventure begins at Yellow Door Bistro at Hotel Arts where you’ll enjoy a full brunch and tour of their art collection.
Next, you’ll explore nearby Ten Foot Henry, a restaurant inspired by art, and savour vintage desserts. You’ll stroll through the neighbourhood to Gibson Fine Art where you’ll learn about art appreciation 101 and explore their collection with over 50 per cent Alberta artists.
The tour continues with pastry arts at Decadent Brulee, savoury tastes and the art of the cookbook at Cookbook Co. Cooks and education around the art of the wine tasting at Metrovino Wines, home of the Calgary Wine Academy.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: June 24 to September 09, 2017 Saturdays 10:00am
Meeting location: Yellow Door Bistro in the Hotel Arts at 119 12 Ave SW in Calgary
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour, limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, celiac, allergy). The tour provider will do their best to accomodate your needs.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour: 13 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved (12 blocks). Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about art and where to eat in Calgary, for a unique gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, the Designer District Food and Art Tour is the ticket!
The Designer District Food and Art Tour takes place at Calgary, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience