This unique blacksmithing opportunity to get the adrenaline pumping and create a keepsake from scratch is truly rewarding. Your experienced instructor is there all the way to provide plenty of help and guidance, so pick up that hammer and anvil - you'll be amazed at what you are capable of producing.
At the end of the day you can take home your courting candles, crafted by your own two hands.
The courting candle is an early Colonial-era candle holder used as a time-keeper marking the length of time a suitor could visit. This candle holder was originally designed for writers. When writing with pen and parchment, the pitch of the candle light needed to remain the same for ease on the writer’s eyes. The candle holder was made so that you could raise the candle as it burnt down to maintain its original height. However, the romantic notion took hold and its former definition stuck and gave rise to its name sake.
- Learn the ancient and noble skill of blacksmithing
- Work to create a pair of Courting Candles in the workshop
- 4-hour session in a relaxed and fun environment
Need to know:
- Maximum number of participants per class: 2
- The minimum age to participate is 13 yrs. Children under 18 yrs. must be accompanied by an parent or guardian.
So whether you are looking to begin a new hobby, or simply looking to try it or for a unique gift, this creative blacksmithing lesson is the ticket!
This Blacksmith Class takes in Hammond, Ontario, just each of Ottawa. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience