Banff Grizzly Bear Refuge Tour
Visit the world's largest enclosed and protected grizzly bear habitat on a full-day tour from Banff. Meet Boo at the Grizzly Bear Refuge, visit Takakkaw Falls, the second highest waterfall in Canada, and enjoy lunch at the highest restaurant in Canada.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||OPEN – Please see bottom of page for details|
Guaranteed Grizzly Bear viewing!
Your grizzly adventure begins with being picked up in Banff. At Kicking Horse Grizzly Bear Refuge, you’ll take an open-air chairlift up to experience a with Boo, an orphaned bear that calls the refuge home.
With paws the size of hubcaps, enormous muscles beneath his thick fur, and a mouth full of sharp teeth, Boo roams around his 20-acre habitat, allowing you to watch him hunt, forage and explore just like his wild cousins.
You’ll take a gondola ride 7,700 feet, to the top of Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, where you’ll enjoy lunch at Eagle's Eye Restaurant, the highest restaurant in Canada. As you savour your lunch you can gaze over five National Parks at once.
The tour also stops in Yoho National Park to see Canada's second highest waterfall, Takakkaw Falls, and stunning Emerald Lake.
Guaranteed Grizzly Bear sighting or come back again for free.
- A guided tour to the largest enclosed grizzly bear habitat in the world.
- Lunch at Eagle’s Eye Restaurant, the highest restaurant in Canada.
- Soar to the heights of the Purcell Mountains in an enclosed gondola with panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains.
- Visit Takakkaw Falls and Emerald Lake.
- Kicking Horse Grizzly Bear Refuge
- Lunch at Eagle's Eye Restaurant
- Gondola ride
- Friendly certified guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off provided from most hotels in Banff & Samson Mall (Lake Louise Village)
Duration: 10 hours
Season: June - September Tours Daily
Need to know:
- This experience is suitable for all ages.
- Dress for the weather, wearing layers including a jacket, as you will be getting on and off the bus during the tour.
- The tours are small and private. The bus can seat up to 24 people.
- Tours in early June will include stops at the Spiral Tunnels and Natural Bridge instead of Takakkaw Falls.
Whether you are looking for a unique experience gift idea for the animal lovers in your life or fun things to do in Banff, the Banff Grizzly Bear Refuge Tour is the way to go.
The Grizzly Bear Refuge Tour takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience